Speed limits are in place for a reason, and when drivers exceed the speed limit, they endanger themselves and all those around them. Speeding is among the most common causes of car accidents in Tennessee and car accidents are the most common type of auto accident. If you are someone who has recently been injured in one, please continue reading and speak with an experienced Memphis auto accident lawyer to learn how speeding contributes to auto accidents in Tennessee and how our firm can help you.
How can speeding lead to Tennessee auto accidents?
Though at times it can be difficult to discern who was at fault in an auto accident, the liable driver is relatively clear, especially if they are proven to have been traveling above the speed limit. In part because it reduces reaction times and amplifies the force of the collision, speeding often results in significant injuries. That is because, while speeding, negligent drivers will often engage in the following behaviors:
- Unsafe lane changes: Speeding drivers may not look to ensure they are not driving into the path of another motorist. When people fail to check blind spots or fail to check at all, very serious accidents can occur.
- Ignoring traffic lights and signs: Because of their diminished capacity to respond to traffic lights and signs, negligent drivers are likely to collide with motorists who are following the laws.
- Failing to control speed to avoid a collision: Due to their high rate of speed, negligent drivers often fail to negotiate traffic and cannot stop in time to prevent a collision. These often result in rear-end accidents.
- Failing to account for weather conditions: Though always ill-advised and dangerous, speeding in inclement weather can be especially hazardous, because even if the driver brakes in time, the conditions of the road surface may prevent their vehicle from stopping.
If you sustained injuries, you should reach out to a skilled Memphis personal injury lawyer to discuss your next steps.
How can a Memphis, Tennessee auto accidents lawyer help you recover damages from a speeding driver?
Our firm will be able to inform you of your rights as well as prepare and present your evidence in court. Furthermore, a qualified legal professional will help you receive compensation for economic, non-economic and punitive damages such as the following:
- Medical bills
- Lost earnings
- Lost future income potential
- Property damages
- Future medical expenses
- Loss of financial support
- Funeral expenses and burial costs
- Physical and emotional pain
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of society, companionship and consortium
- Loss of enjoyment
Do not go it alone. Please give us a call today.
Contact Our Experienced Memphis Firm
No one should ever have to recover from a serious injury or deal with a pressing criminal matter on their own. We pride ourselves in assisting clients facing a wide range of legal issues throughout Memphis, Tennessee, and we are ready to help you, too. If you need assistance with a personal injury, criminal, or business litigation matter, you can turn to us. Contact Ballin, Ballin & Fishman, P.C. today to schedule your free initial consultation with our experienced legal team.