Auto accident victims can find solace in hiring a competent Memphis auto accident lawyer here at Ballin, Ballin & Fishman, PC who will tirelessly fight for the compensation they deserve. If you’ve been hurt on the road and it wasn’t your fault, contact us today.
Memphis Auto Accident Lawyer | Here for Auto Accident Victims
An auto accident can change a person’s life forever. Our firm has seen this happen many times. It is our job to help accident auto accident victims recover the compensation they need to pick up the pieces and move forward with their lives. If you’ve been hurt in an auto accident, you need an experienced Memphis personal injury lawyer on your side.
Auto Accidents We Handle
Ballin, Ballin & Fishman handles a wide array of auto accident cases. Just some of the auto accident cases we handle are as follows:
- Bus Accidents: Bus accidents aren’t particularly common compared with other types of auto accidents, but when they happen, multiple people are often injured at once. Our firm is here to help.
- Car Accidents: Car accidents are, by far, the most common type of auto accident here in Tennessee. They occur on rural roads, in the city, and just about anywhere else. Unfortunately, car accidents can be devastating, and if you’ve been hurt in one, you can depend on a Memphis auto accident lawyer right here at our firm to fight for the compensation you need.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle accidents are often particularly devastating, as motorcyclists have very little protection from other vehicles. Often, these accidents result in them getting thrown from their bikes. Our firm is ready to help you in any way we can.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Similarly to motorcycle accidents, pedestrians also have little to no protection from other drivers, and if you are a pedestrian who has been struck by a driver, you most likely have a valid personal injury claim.
- Truck Accidents: Accidents involving 18-wheelers and other commercial vehicles happen every single day in the U.S., and if you’ve been wrongfully hurt in one, you can depend on us to handle your claim.
Auto Accident Statistics in Tennessee
Auto accidents are not at all uncommon in the state of Tennessee. In fact, every single year, thousands of drivers collide with other motorists, pedestrians, and fixed objects, such as trees and telephone poles. Unfortunately, many of these accidents result in serious injury and even death. In fact, in 2019, there were 4,506 auto accidents that resulted in serious injury or death. In 2020, there were 4,467 auto accidents that resulted in serious injury or death.
To get an even bigger picture of just how common auto accidents are in Tennessee, there were 1,200,620 total auto accidents in the state between 2015-2020. Not all of these accidents resulted in serious injury or death, however, many of them did. Auto accidents happen all the time, though unfortunately, this does not make them any less dangerous or traumatic for those who are involved in them.
Causes of Auto Accidents
Auto accidents happen for many different reasons, however, as you know, most of them are due to negligence. Some of the most common types of driver negligence that we see are as follows:
- Distracted Driving: There are many ways in which motorists can drive while distracted. Many people will eat, apply makeup, and, of course, text while driving. Unfortunately, all of these actions can, and often do, lead to very serious accidents. In fact, distracted driving is now the number one cause of auto accidents in the United States.
- Driving While Intoxicated: Driving while intoxicated is another extremely common type of auto negligence. Everyone knows and understands the dangers of drunk or drugged driving, though still many people take this gamble all the time. If you were hurt by a drunk driver, our firm is here to seek justice.
- Speeding: Traveling at speeds exceeding the speed limit puts all those on the road at risk. Speed limits are in place and enforced because speeding is one of the most common causes of auto accidents.
- Unsafe Lane Changes: There’s a reason we are taught to check for blind spots before merging or changing lanes. Neglecting to do so often results in drivers failing to see other motorists and striking them. This is unacceptable.
- Ignoring Traffic Lights or Signs: Just like speed limits, traffic lights and signs are there to maintain order on the road. Ignoring those signs creates chaos, and often results in serious injury.
If you were injured in an accident because the other driver was taking any of the aforementioned negligent actions, you should strongly consider speaking with an experienced Memphis auto accident lawyer as soon as you can. Our firm can work to uncover various forms of evidence, including pictures of the accident, witness testimony, police reports, medical documents, and more to help satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim. As long as we can prove you were injured as a direct result of another party’s negligence, you should recover the financial compensation to which you are entitled.
Contact a Memphis Auto Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been hurt in an auto accident that wasn’t your fault, look no further than Ballin, Ballin & Fishman. We are prepared to fight for the full compensation to which you are entitled. We are known for our aggressive and methodical means of conducting our cases, and we will bring that and more to the table when we take your case. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation.