Construction workers are among the hardest-working, yet most underappreciated members of our society. Our firm is proud to say that we proudly represent injured construction workers, and if you’re one of them, you should contact a Memphis construction accident here at Ballin, Ballin & Fishman, PC to learn more about how we can help you.
Memphis Construction Accident Lawyer | Helping Injured Workers
We know just how hard those in construction work, day in and day out, for a paycheck to support them and their families. This is why if you’ve been hurt, you can rely on a Memphis work injury lawyer here at our firm to give you our all.
Construction Accidents in Tennessee
As you can imagine, construction site accidents are far from uncommon in Tennessee. At times, they happen because workers simply aren’t careful and sustain an injury. However, often, construction accidents are a result of unsafe construction site conditions. Some of the most common causes and types of construction accidents in Tennessee are as follows:
- Scaffold collapses
- Chemical or thermal burns
- Ladder collapses
- Defective construction equipment
- Any other way in which a construction company violates regulations set out by OSHA
Steps to Take After a Construction Accident
The moments after a construction accident are critical. It is your job to seek medical attention and document the accident as quickly as you can. If possible, take the following steps:
- Call an ambulance to the scene of the accident to ensure you receive immediate medical treatment.
- Notify your supervisor of the accident.
- Photograph or take a video of the cause of your accident.
- Ask anyone who saw your accident for their contact information.
- Once you are in stable condition healthwise, you should speak with an experienced Memphis construction accident lawyer who can help you determine the next step.
In many cases, after someone sustains an injury in a construction accident, they will file a workers’ compensation claim. This should allow them to receive a portion of their lost wages and have their medical bills covered until they can return to work once again. That said, sometimes, our firm will determine it is best to file a third-party claim, wherein we will sue a liable third party that is not your employer. While there is a cap on workers’ compensation benefits, there is no cap on third-party claim rewards.
Contact a Memphis Construction Accident Lawyer
Our firm comprises staunch defenders of construction workers throughout the state of Tennessee, and if you’ve been hurt, you can rely on us to fight for your rightful compensation. Contact Ballin, Ballin & Fishman, PC today to schedule your free initial consultation with our competent and aggressive legal team.