Whether you’re about to get divorced or are facing any other family law matter, you can depend on an experienced Memphis family law attorney from Ballin, Ballin & Fishman to fight for the outcome you and your family need. Contact us today to learn more about our legal services and how we can help you through each step of the process ahead.
Family Law Attorney in Memphis | Helping Clients through Divorce & Beyond
Our firm offers clients legal assistance through a wide range of family law matters, including the following:
- Divorce: No couple envisions the day a divorce is imminent when they’re first married, though unfortunately, nearly half of all married couples ultimately get divorced. If you’re about to get divorced, you need an experienced attorney in your corner, as a lot is on the line.
- Alimony: Many spouses require some form of alimony after a divorce, while many others are required to pay it. Whether you’re seeking alimony or you believe you’re being asked to pay an unfair amount, we are here to help.
- Child Custody: Child custody is often the most contentious issue in divorce, as no parent wants to give up time spent with their child. However, if both parents can’t agree on a parenting time plan that works in the best interests of their child, the courts will do so on their behalf.
- Child Support: When parents get divorced, often, the custodial parent will receive child support payments from the non-custodial parent. That said, once a child reaches the age of emancipation or otherwise no longer qualifies for child support, the supporting parent may request termination of the child support agreement. Whether you’re looking to extend, terminate, or preserve child support, Ballin, Ballin & Fishman, P.C. can help.
- Property Distribution: Couples frequently fight over who will get to keep the house, vehicles, and other assets. Ultimately, without a pre or postnuptial agreement in place, courts will determine what they see as an equitable distribution of marital assets. We will work to ensure you keep what’s rightfully yours.
- Post-Judgment Modifications: Months or years after a divorce is finalized, ex-spouses often find that their marital agreement no longer reflects where they or their children are in life. In this case, they may qualify for a post-judgment modification.
No matter the family law matter you’re facing, you shouldn’t proceed without an experienced Memphis family law attorney on your side. Our firm has helped individuals and families in Memphis and throughout Tennessee for years, and we are here to help you as well.
Contact a Memphis Family Law Attorney
With years of experience in the field, you can’t go wrong with choosing Ballin, Ballin & Fishman, P.C. to represent you. Our legal team is dedicated to producing positive outcomes at pivotal moments in our clients’ lives, and we will fight for the best outcome possible on your behalf as well. Contact Ballin, Ballin & Fishman, P.C. today to schedule your initial consultation with our legal team.