If you are currently facing criminal charges of any kind here in Tennessee, you can rely on a Memphis criminal defense attorney right here at Ballin, Ballin & Fishman, PC to fight for your rights when it matters most. Our firm will provide you with the legal counsel you need. We will tailor our strategy to your specific case and pursue the best outcome possible on your behalf. Contact us today to learn more about what we can do for you.
Memphis Criminal Defense Attorney | Here to Preserve Your Freedom
There are few things more stressful than facing the potential repercussions that may accompany a criminal charge. This is why you cannot hire just any attorney to represent you at this time; you need a seasoned, caring, and skilled Memphis criminal defense attorney who is extensively experienced in handling criminal cases in the state of Tennessee.
Our Criminal Defense Services
Here at Ballin, Ballin & Fishman, for decades, we have provided legal assistance to countless individuals in Memphis and throughout Tennessee to those who need it most. We represent clients facing a wide array of criminal charges, including those involving the following:
- Assault: If you were involved in an altercation and you were arrested, you are most likely now facing assault charges. These are not to be taken lightly.
- Domestic Violence: If you’ve been accused of committing an act of domestic violence, your reputation and your future as a free person are on the line. Our firm is here to disprove the allegations made against you.
- Drug Crimes: Even the possession of a relatively small amount of marijuana can entail very serious penalties here in Tennessee, which is why if you’ve been charged with any sort of drug crime, you need experienced legal assistance on your side.
- DUI: Everyone knows just how unsafe (as well as illegal) it is to drive while they are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Unfortunately, many people do so anyway and are forced to pay the price for it. Those who’ve been charged with DUIs in Tennessee must understand that these charges can seriously impact their lives. Our firm’s job is to protect you from those consequences and help you keep your driver’s license.
- Probation Violations: When someone is placed on probation, they have a lot to lose. Violating a single term of probation can send that person straight to jail. We are here to help keep you out of jail.
- Sex Crimes: Tennessee views sex crimes as particularly heinous, which is why anyone who has been accused of a sex crime needs a competent attorney on their side. Our firm is here to help keep you out of jail and off the sex offender registry.
- Theft: Theft crimes, such as shoplifting, embezzlement, and more can have very serious implications on a person’s life. If you’ve been accused of theft, speak with a Memphis criminal defense lawyer here at our firm as soon as you can.
- Violent Crimes: Violent crimes, such as murder or robbery can warrant years behind bars. If you’ve been accused of a crime of violence, our firm is ready to come to your defense.
- White-Collar Crimes: White-collar crimes, such as Ponzi schemes or extortion can come with very serious penalties. The courts do not care if this was only your first run-in with the law. We will fight for the best outcome possible on your behalf.
Felonies Vs. Misdemeanors
As you may know, if you are accused of a crime, you will most likely face either felony or misdemeanor charges. Though misdemeanor charges are not quite as damaging as most felonies, the truth is, both felonies and misdemeanors can land you behind bars, cost high fines, and warrant a criminal record.
For example, even if you’ve been charged with shoplifting and you stole property that was worth less than $1,000, you will face a Class A misdemeanor, which can warrant up to 11 months and 29 days of incarceration and a potential $2,500 fine. As you can see, no matter the charges you’re facing, you cannot afford to proceed without a seasoned Memphis criminal defense lawyer on your side. You have a lot on the line, and our firm is here to protect it.
What a Criminal Record Means for You
You should understand that being convicted of a crime often goes far beyond a person’s jail sentence. This is because when someone is found guilty of a crime, they will develop a criminal record. The consequences of a criminal record can drastically alter the course of a person’s life. For example, often, a criminal record will make it difficult, or even nearly impossible for people to get a job, as employers often run background checks first.
In other cases, a criminal record can prevent a person from renting certain places to live, or even make it so they can no longer take out certain loans. If you are a non-citizen, depending on the crime you committed, it may warrant your deportation from the United States. This is why it’s so important that you hire a strong attorney from the start.
Contact a Memphis Criminal Defense Attorney
A criminal conviction can turn a person’s life upside-down. Our firm understands that just how much is at stake when a person is facing a criminal charge, which is why we provide each client with the personalized and effective legal services they deserve and need. We also know how overwhelming the legal process can be, which is why we will take the time to fully explain your situation to you, and from there, clearly lay out exactly how we will come to your defense. We will keep you in the loop, from start to finish. Contact Ballin, Ballin & Fishman, PC today to schedule your free initial consultation with our experienced legal team.